Friday, October 14, 2011

Is this really happening?


Maybe you've heard that our internet has been sketchy at best...so I'm typing fast!!!

So many times over the last several days, we've caught ourselves saying just that, Is this really happening?

It was certainly mentioned at the job site on Wednesday. As we slopped around in the mud and sunk into sink holes, we were wondering... As we put up that house in the pouring rain, while hearing about other parts of the country washing away, we wondered. But somehow, that house went up and a father that had been sleeping outside in this weather to protect his belongings had a roof over his head at last.

There's no question it was whispered under our breath over and over again on Thursday as we travelled to 2 Compassion projects. Oh my! NEver, and I mean never, in my life have I been a part of something like that. We were treated like royalty out in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. And as we wondered down railway tracks to visit children in their homes - and I use that word carefully - we said it right out loud. Thankfully, my anxiety meds kept me from totally losing it, but still, I was bawling like a baby and my beloved husband as well as many other team members - matched me tear for tear.

This morning, it is pouring again. Is this really happening? It would seem so. God brought us here and we're determined to finish well.

Love to all,
Amanda.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    I hear a heavy heart in your words and yet we know that God is in control and knows exactly what is happening and will use what your team and Compassion is doing in El Salvador. May the Lord "lift you out the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; and set your feet on a rock and give you a from place to stand. May He put a new song in your mouth and a hym of praise to Him. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know the internet was down. Rain! Mud! God will bless you for your dedication to see the week out. Many people would just curl up and back away but you go out fighting.
    Praying for everyone. Give Heather a hug!

    ReplyDelete