Monday, October 8, 2012

New Work to be done

Philippians 1  "3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart..."

We're just waking up. 11 of us. It's just before six in the  morning. Most of us have been up, off and on throughout the night. The church bells started ringing at 4am, those assembling for Catholic mass began singing at 5:00am, the bread guy has been honking his horn since 5:30am. In between all of that are the roosters letting us know that they think morning is coming at some point soon (I think I'll be them a watch). 

There is so much already to say, but I will let the other fill you in on that as they have reflected on yesterday and will again report on today. Instead I would like to share with you, another "new" promise that God gives to us. It's a verse that reminds me that each day the Lord is at work within each of us who know Him as Lord and Saviour. Therefore today, is a new day in which God is working new things in my life, new things in the lives of each person in our team and new things in your lives as well. Our God is at work within us completing his wonderful, amazing, perfecting, good work in new ways everyday. 

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for this "new" reminder. 

Deve

No comments:

Post a Comment