Monday, October 8, 2012

Stupid Rain

You have got to be kidding! It absolutely, positively, cannot be raining again while our team is here in El Salvador!! Deve informed me, in no uncertain terms, that there was no way it would rain again...that the weather reports were bogus...that taking my rain coat would only invite trouble. While I guess I invited some trouble by packing my handy-dandy raincoat because the rains have come to visit us again. Last night we got soaked...after drilling in the last screw on house #2 this afternoon, we got soaked. But through it all...two houses are built and two families will soon be moved in to their new "casas".  God is still good even when it rains (again) (like last year) (when the rainy season is supposed to be over).

Quick story from house #2 - Bernardo, the home owner told me that he was 54 years old and that he had lived in the house he had just torn down for all of those 54 years. Incredible! I asked him if he had ever thought of someone coming to help him and his family and he told me that he could never have even dreamed that something like that could happen! He knows the blessing was from God!! Yay.

Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. Rain, rain go away; come again another day. Two houses! Wow.
    Kingsley

    ReplyDelete