Monday, December 2, 2013

Warm again- Ahhh

Another year, I find it so hard to leave my family at home. But when I am here I love being here. Leaving the cold behind is a huge blessing for me. I was colouring with a very cute little boy today and he talked to me continuously even though he knew my Spanish was pathetically limited. I made a resolution again to learn this language- hold me accountable when I get home. My pronunciation of the colours was quite amusing to him.
 I am looking forward to tomorrow, I may help (watch and learn) as the woman of the village cook for the men working with us on the houses. May need to pray extra hard tomorrow!:)
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I'm sure this little boy was blessed by your one-on-one attention to him and your wonderful smile, even if speech on your end was limited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Karen, you in ES is simply an extra ray of warm sunshine. Soak it all in this week. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love for these children is amazing Karen..But not surprising watching you at home with your own children..Your love to the children there is God's love showing through..Hugs..Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to tell you..It's Dec. 4th and the temperature here at home is 11c...Beautiful spring day..'gail

    ReplyDelete