Friday, December 6, 2013

Humble Pie

Hola

At the start of the week as we left our families and said good by to loved ones. I had no idea what God had in store for myself or the team. However, his plan became more and more evident each day we have been here.

I truly believe that God allowed me to be here in El Salvador to show me humility and patience. Take last night for example. As I was getting ready to head to the church for supper. I was looking for my Brazil soccer jersey. When I couldn't find it like always I jumped to conclusions. To my amazement God was about to put me in my place. The lady that did our laundry was frantically going around to each room cause she didn't want to get in trouble for loosing a shirt. As I was standing beside her with Deve, Amanda, and the cleaning lady Matt had found my jersey behind my suitcase. I truly ate a huge  piece of humble pie. I was truly apologetic to this lady and gave her a big Canadian hug.

As I'm writing this I realize that God was teaching me patience too.  If only I would have taken the time and slowed down I would have found my jersey.

On another note Yesterday I was truly blessed to be along side the team when we went to visit the very first SEMC house the team had ever built and the houses they built 2 years ago. This experience was truly a blessing. I mean when we arrived at a house built 2 years ago. The lady recognized Deve and the team right a way and welcomed us in with open arms. She had 3 children and I fell in love with one little girl. As we left to go to another house I put my arms out to her and she ran and jumped up into them. It was like we had been friends for years. She reminded me of my sweet little girls back home Hannah and Alexis.

Like I said in my Previous blog it truly isn't about the houses. It's about the friendships we create and they way God uses them and the families to touch each others lives.

As this week comes to a close. It was my honor and privilege to part of this experience.

Jason

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if your wife was praying that you would grow in patirnce etc? Perhaps she was praying while making pie and got the recipe mixed up with "humble pie". (Ha) I think it is humourous to me because I have been there far too often in my life. "Growing in grace..." (groaning in grace)
    Kingsley

    ReplyDelete