Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Size perfect

As we were packing to come here, there were only about 6 or 7 pairs of shoes and I just felt the need to make sure they made it into one of the bins. On Sunday as we were meeting the families and getting their stories Paula the woman that would be receiving the house said she had a cut on her foot that was making it difficult for her to walk. We didn't have any supplies with us so I told her to find me the next day and I would have a look at it. Monday came and I was able clean and dress her wound it looked much better after,but after walking in the dirt all day in a pair of ill fitting sandals it looked aweful again. I changed and cleaned it again before we left. We got back to the hotel and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I remembered packing the shoes, we found a pair of ladies sandals that would be better than the ones she had but not optimal and a pair of running shoes. Next day we went back and I was able to wash her foot and dress it. When I put the shoes on they fit perfect.
To my shame, I often brush God moments away to circumstance,but this was a moment only God could orchestrate. I was reminded again that God is so good he provides what we need not necessarily when we want it, but when we need it.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I'm in awe right now but I shouldn't be! I'm so thankful you shared this story Karen! *tears*
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for writing about this so we here at home can be apart of these God moments!
    joy

    ReplyDelete