Wednesday, December 4, 2013

something in common

First of all I would like to thank all the people who have supported myself and the team. As I sit here this morning I have come to the realization that I have a lot in common with the villagers.

I was raised in a single home by a loving mother who also didn't have much money by North American standards. My family and I lived on welfare.  When I look back on my childhood I realize that my mom had done the best she could being a single parent.  This is just like the families here they are doing the best they can with what they have and are happy. To see this and realize that not only are we making a difference in their lives by giving them shelter. But they are making a difference in our lives.

Yesterday when we played soccer with the kids from the village. Of course loosing just like the men's national team does to El Salvador. Just to see that all the kids with priceless smiles as they were schooling us old guys made it all the worth it. 

Today looks to be the Last building day for us. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us today.

God Bless
Jason

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I are impressed with your writing skills. I am impressed with God opening you up to see your past in a wholesome way. When God does these things it seems like your heart gets bigger with love, sometimes it feels too big to contain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to read your thoughts, Jason. thanks for sharing so openly. we are enjoying all the posts, and it's great to see into your hearts a bit as you write. sending our love to the team...

    ReplyDelete