Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Love It!!


The past two days have been great. It's been hot, but honestly I love it. I love this place, the people, and all the things I am learning.

Yesterday, I helped build the houses. I drilled, and even dug a hole in the extremely hard ground. I worked alongside the women from the area which are some of the hardest working women I have ever met. They get right in there and do whatever needs to be done.

Today I helped with some building but focused more on getting to know the people. I met some around my age as well as some precious younger kids. It's amazing, as soon as you pull out some candy and elastics for bracelets you are instantly surrounded. After doing that for a little while, I went with some of the ladies on the team and some of the locals down to the river. We met some women who were doing their laundry in the river, and I went in and helped them. It's hard work but it's fun and they do it so quickly. I think they thought it was funny as we tried to do it.

The week goes by fast, but I know that the next two days are going to be exciting and I'm looking forward to see what's in store.

One of my favourite things to do is riding on the back of the truck. I love standing up on the post at the front and looking out over everything. I guess it's the perspective really, you get to see everything. I look around and see all these faces and I want to get to know all of them.

On the right is my buddy Kevin who stayed with me the whole day :)

Aynsley











2 comments:

  1. Pictures!!! Love it all, Aynsley! Can't wait to hear about today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Aynsley! I hope that today is an amazing blessing for you and for the rest of the team as you finally get to put your arms around the child that you've looked at for so long (in picture). May it be an amazing day of joy. And ditto to what Shana said - can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete