Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Building Stage is Completed

After what feels like more than 3 days of building, we have completed the building of 10 houses. Once again, I am humbled by the strength and willingness to learn that is shown by the people of El Salvador. On Monday, it seemed like a few of the men had never seen a drill before, let alone used one. By Wednesday they had caught on so quick that my drilling skills were easily surpassed (which isn't saying much....but they were  really good). 

I am very appreciative that I was able to come back here again this year, I feel that I needed to once again see how these people live in conditions that we may see as difficult, but still have such a great love for The Lord. The effort they go through to go to church on Sunday (an hour of walking up a mountain-sometimes in the dark) is very encouraging. I can't fathom living a life where I need to walk up and down mountains in extreme heat for 3 hours to do something as simple as get groceries. But to do all that because of their love for their families reminds me of the conveniences in my life and I how I cannot take them for granted- this also inspires me to be a better servant of God. 

Please continue to pray for the people here. Over the years we have seen the families flourish here, this needs to continue and your prayers will make this happen. 

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hey scott how are your pringles and poptarts holding up.
    can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back and see pics

    jay

    ReplyDelete